Skip to main content
Digital Loray has an interactive map of the Loray mill village in 1920 which "documents the residents of village households and reveals demographic patterns, using information drawn from U.S. census data, city directories, and other sources."
Go to: http://loraydigital.prospect.unc.edu/1920-mill-village-exhibit/
More Loray Maps:
- Map of Mill Village. (Sept. 5, 1923) begun in 1920s and expanded and re-branded with Firestone logo after their purchase. Titled: "Dwelling Houses of the Firestone Cotton Mills, Inc., Gastonia, N.C." Factory Insurance Association, Hartford, Conn.
- Map of Northern Portion, Loray Mill Village indicating location of strike headquarters. Loray Mill Strike, 1929. Transcription: "Union Headquarters (Where Aderholt Was Shot)" Pub. date unknown.
- Schematic Drawing, Loray Mill February 6, 1929, Manville Jenckes Corporation.
- Gaston County Map of Mill Village. Firestone Mill. January 1, 1963. County of Gaston, Office of Tax Supervisor, Gastonia, N.C.
- Loray Mill National Register Historic District map, by the City of Gastonia Planning Department, 2014.
For Gastonia Mill District maps, see the Sanborn Maps.
©Copyright 2015, Gaston County Public Library. All Rights Reserved.