Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
banner link link link link link link

Finding Soldiers of "Other Wars"

Military Service Medals, Decorations and Awards

"How can I get my medals or those of my family?"

According to The National Personnel Records Center, "(NPRC) does not issue service medals; that is a function of each military service department. Requests for the issuance or replacement of military service medals, decorations and awards should be directed to the specific branch of the military in which the veteran served. However, for cases involving Air Force and Army personnel (with some exceptions), the NPRC will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request along with the record's verification to the appropriate service department for issuance of the medals."

See Military Awards and Decorations for instructions and addresses for submitting requests.

Go To:

┬ęCopyright 2015, Gaston County Public Library. All Rights Reserved.